With a new boat comes new projects, I actually like doing them but I do need to balance how much time I spend away from the family!
We need to spend some time getting her ready for launch, but I am super excited! Here is my list of things to do in somewhat hierarchical/sequential order, some are trivial some are big jobs:
- Batteries – luckily it looks like two of the three existing batteries are good enough, despite the neglect they suffered. Well actually they are pretty much toast!
New sails – on order fromRolly Tasker
- New running rigging – some replaced
bottom scraped, epoxy coat and VC17done!!
- Engine sorted out (Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel) – pretty much OK
- Bimini for shade-
- Netting to keep the kiddies from falling out…
- BBQ, refurbish and mount– done
- Refinish brightwork – for better or worse there is almost none!
- Check all systems/pumps etc.. everything works!
- Cushions for interior – got foam – finished aft birth mattresses
- Cushions for cockpit- maybe next year