Yes, Aida, a 1982 Tanzer 7.5 is for sale! The best bargain on Lake Ontario. This is an excellent example of this boat, unlike most boats of this age she hasn’t been molested, trashed or neglected. This Tanzer sailboat was the floor model at the Toronto International Boat Show and has been kept in excellent condition. The interior and deck is clean and original – no multitude of screw holes, speakers holes, missing stereos, phantom devices etc.
Asking price: $
5,500 or best offer. SOLD Contact: Philip
Toronto, close to Outer Harbour Marina
April 20th, unless trucked away before. Will still be for sale in the water!
If you are looking for a boat to drop into the water and sail this season- this is the one! If you want a fixer-upper, keep looking as there are plenty on the market.
Most systems have been upgraded or replaced within the last two years. In no particular order:
- New Plastimo compass – 2012
- New manual Jabsco toilet – 2012
- All new hoses, double stainless clamps with added anti-siphon loop – 2012
- Holding tank cleaned and tank attachments resealed – 2012
- All fresh water hoses replaced- 2012
- Windows replaced with new acrylic, new original specification gasket material and sealed in original frames – 2011
- New main sheet, boom vang lines & Harken tackle – 2011
- Exterior teak (motor mount, tiller, winch pads, hand-holds, hatch boards etc.) varnished with Cetol – 2012
- Bottom has epoxy barrier coat with fresh red VC17
- Hull polished to mirror shine – yearly
- New steaming light – 2012
- New cockpit cushions – 2012
- Hatch shimmed – 2011
- Chain plates resealed – 2012
- Life-line stanchion and base-plate replaced – 2013
- Life-line ends replaced with stainless from brass – 2012
- Standing rigging replaced by previous owner – (date unknown)
- Winches overhauled – 2011
- L.O.A.: 24′ 7″ (7.50 m)
- L.W.L.: 21′ 10″ (6.65 m)
- Beam: 8′ 0″ (2.44 m)
- Draft: (fin) 4′ 0″ (1.22 m)
- Displacement: 3800 lbs. (1725 kg.)
- Ballast: 1600 lbs. (725 kg.)- cast iron
- Sail area: 225 sq. ft. (20.9 m²)
- Vertical clearance: 32′ (9.75 m)
- Headroom: 5′ 9″
- Berths: 4
- Rating (PHRF-LO) : 231
- Stainless bar sink, drains via through-hull
- hand pump, fresh water tank – new hoses – 2012
- Icebox with holding tank – doesn’t drain into the bilge!
- original gimballed two burner alcohol stove (does anyone use these?)
- Johnson Sailmaster 9.9 hp longshaft outboard
- Electric start– one push starting!
- Garelick aluminum Motor mount – spring loaded (easy to raise)
- Impeller replaced, prop and lower end refinished – 2011
- Good compression, new spark plugs – 2012
- Deep Cycle Marine battery (Nautlis 625A 80min) – 2008
- Separate panel for additional breakers
- VHF radio– yes it works!
- Depth meter- Uniden– yes it works!
- electric bilge pump – discharges at stern- – yes it works!
- shore power extension cord
- wired for 120v AC with circuit breaker
- 150% Genoa on Furlex roller furling- sail has white UV cover.
- Main – includes reef points, lazy jacks.
- storm jib
- Folding Steel Cradle for winter storage
- New dock lines – 2012
- Galvanized steel Danforth anchor & rode, rail-mount anchor bracket
- 4 Fenders with brass clips
- Sunbrella outboard motor cover
- Main sail cover
- Teak bathroom rack
- Magazine & cup racks
- Varnished wood sink cover
- Teak bug screens for hatch and companionway