The floor was getting bad enough and I wanted to do something for several years. I pulled it up in the fall and took it home to the workshop. I started with chemical stripped, sanded lightly, repaired any de-lamination and filled all the screw holes with epoxy. Many of the screw holes had pulled into the wood or were driven to far to begin with. The teak & holly veneer is about .8mm thick so you can’t be too aggressive when sanding.
I finished the sole in a satin Varathane and quite like the look of the satin versus the traditional high gloss. I think it will also be a little less slippery and wear will be less noticeable. Upon completion, it didn’t look that amazing until I looked back at the before photos. Like many restoration jobs, just getting it to look the way it should, is sometimes underwhelming.